Product Liability Attorneys in Salt Lake City
Fighting for the Compensation You Need and Deserve
Manufacturers have a non-delegable duty to protect the safety of their end users. From motor vehicles to machines to household goods, those companies are strictly liable for defects or failures to warn that result in injury to consumers.
Eisenberg Cutt Kendell & Olson has an established record of holding major U.S. corporations accountable when their products cause serious or permanent injury. Our lawyers have the technical knowledge, legal knowledge, and trial experience to hold manufacturers accountable. We can examine the nature of the defect, gather evidence, and work with field experts to build an effective legal strategy to get the award and justice you and your family deserve.
Contact us today at (801) 901-3470 to schedule your free consultation with one of our knowledgeable product liability attorneys. We have been proudly serving Salt Lake City for over 20 years.
We Can Help With Your Product Liability Claim
Defective products are everywhere: Just look at the number of recalls America sees each year. However, most of these recalls are only published after people report serious injuries. For those who were harmed before a product’s defects became widely known, legal recourse is likely the best option.
We have secured damages for clients in many areas of product liability, including:
- Dangerous consumer products (toys and electronics)
- Home appliances and tools
- Medical devices (defibrillators, stents)
- Pharmaceuticals (prescription or over-the-counter medications)
- Cosmetic products such as makeup
- Auto defects (tires, airbags, child car seats, SUV roofs)
- Bicycle defects
- Safety equipment such as child car seats
- Workplace machinery
- Food products (fresh produce, processed foods)
If you were injured by a product that is not included in the above, we invite you to bring your case to our team. We provide initial case evaluations, during which we can determine if and how our team can help you.
Types of Product Defects
Products cause accidents because they are poorly made, but not all flaws come from the same place. The law handles 3 different types of product defects. Depending on which one applies to your case, you may be able to file a lawsuit against the designer, manufacturer, distributor, or wholesaler.
You may be able to bring a claim for:
- Design defects – When a product’s design is flawed, the entire line may endanger consumers. The plaintiff must show the creator failed to design the item to be as safe as possible.
- Manufacturing defects – When there is an issue during the course of creating or assembling the product, certain lots may contain serious defects. The plaintiff must show the manufacturer failed to produce the product the way it was intended to, and that your item is different from others in the line.
- Failure to warn defects – Some products, like power tools and kitchen appliances, come with inherent risks. The manufacturer or distributor must provide labels or warnings to help consumers use their products safely. The plaintiff must demonstrate how a company’s failure to provide sufficient warnings resulted in injury.
In a product liability claim, we do not have to prove that a company knowingly put a dangerous product on the market, only that it is dangerous when used as intended or in a reasonable way. By working with engineers and industry experts, we can identify the type of defect involved, and start building your case around it.
We as consumers expect the products we buy or use to be safe. When these products cause accidents due to dangerous or defective conditions, the liable parties should have to pay. Our Salt Lake City product liability lawyers are devoted to helping injured consumers file claims. Your lawsuit can not only help you recover the compensation you need for treatment, but also spur a recall so no one else is hurt.
Product liability claims are expensive, complex, and hard-fought litigation. They often come down to a battle of the experts. Eisenberg Cutt Kendell & Olson has access to a nationwide network of product engineers, manufacturing experts, safety specialists, human factors experts, and other professionals who can examine and test the product, recreate the accident, and help prove negligence. Come in today to learn how we can help you find justice after a defective product accident.
Schedule your free consultation with one of our Salt Lake City trial lawyers by calling us at (801) 901-3470. Our team has recovered over $400 million in settlements and verdicts.
What is Product Liability?
Product liability is a distinct and different thing from the concept of negligence. The concept of product liability focuses not on how someone acted, it focuses on the condition of a product that is sold to the public, and if that product is in a defective and unreasonably dangerous condition when it leaves the production line of the manufacturer. Watch our video to learn more.
Faulty Products That Cause Serious Burn Injuries
Watch our video to learn more about burn injuries due to product liability.
Injured by a Defective Product? Get Help Now!
If you've been injured by a defective product, call our personal injury attorneys today.