Sportsman 850 and 1000 Recalled Due to Fire and Burn Hazard
Polaris has issued a recall of 19,000+ model year 2015 and 2016 Sportsman 850 and Sportsman 1000 ATVs due to fire and burn hazard. This is the second recall issued by Polaris for a burn and fire hazards in the last 30 days and the ninth in the last four years.
The recall comes after 793 reported incidents including reports of warped, melted or burned side panels and 47 fires. Polaris has recalled over 252,000 off-road vehicles in the last four years to fix various flaws.
- June 2013 Polaris Ranger RZR XP 900 recalled due to burn hazard
- July 2015 Polaris Youth RZR recalled due to fire hazard
- September 2016 Polaris Ranger 570 ROV due to fire and burn hazard and
- 2016 Polaris Ranger 900 recalled due to fire hazard
- April 2016 Polaris RZR recalled due to fire hazard after 160 reported incidents, 19 reported injured and the death of a 15 year old passenger.
- September 2016 Polaris RZR XP Turbo recalled due to fire hazard after 19 reported incidents, and six reported injuries including the severe injury of a young child.
- December 2016 Polaris Sportsman 570 recalled due to Fire Hazard
- March 2017 Polaris General 1000, RZR 900, RZR 1000, RZR Turbo recalled due to burn and fire hazard
- March 2017 Polaris Sportsman 850 and 1000 recalled due to fire hazard after reports of at least 793 incidents.
We implore sports enthusiasts and off-roaders to use caution and check to see if their vehicles have been recalled. Eisenberg, Cutt, Kendell & Olson is currently representing a number of clients injured by Polaris vehicle fires and we are accepting cases in all 50 states. If you have been injured by a fire from a Polaris vehicle, please call us for a free consultation and information. We are here to answer your questions.