Polaris Recalls Sportsman 570 All-Terrain Vehicles due to Fire Hazzard
On December 29th, 2016 Polaris issued a recall of approximately 9900 all-terrain vehicles due to fire hazard. According to Polaris’ site “the air intake duct can contact the fuel rail and cause a fuel leak, posing a fire hazard.”
Consumers should immediately stop using the Sportsman 570 ATV and contact Polaris for repair. To see if your Polaris Sportsman 570 vehicle has been recalled please visit the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
Polaris has issued multiple recalls of its vehicles due to fire and burn hazards over the last 4 years.
- 2013 Polaris Ranger RZR XP 900 recalled due to burn hazard
- 2015 Polaris Youth RZR recalled due to fire hazard
- 2016 Polaris Ranger 570 ROV and Polaris Ranger 900 recalled due to fire hazard
- April 2016 Polaris RZR recalled due to fire hazard after 160 reported incidents, 19 reported injured and the death of a 15 year old passenger.
- September 2016 Polaris RZR XP Turbo recalled due to fire hazard after 19 reported incidents, and six reported injuries including the severe injury of a young child.
- 2016 Polaris Sportsman 570 recalled due to Fire Hazard
We implore sports enthusiasts and off-roaders to use caution and check to see if their vehicles have been recalled. Eisenberg, Cutt, Kendell & Olson is currently representing a number of clients injured by Polaris RZR UTVs and we are accepting cases in all 50 states. If you have been injured by a fire in a Polaris vehicle, please call us for a free consultation and information. We are here to answer your questions.