What to do after a Car Accident
You’re in Salt Lake City traveling to your destination, when it happens. Another vehicle collides with your vehicle. Here’s what you should do next:
1. Pull off the Highway – If possible, you want to drive your vehicle away from the roadway.
2. Make Sure No One is Injured – It’s important to check for injuries to yourself, the other driver and any other passengers involved in the crash. Remember, some injuries aren’t immediately visible so even if you feel okay initially, you should still have a medical professional examine you. Whether your injuries are immediately obvious or develop later, it is always best to document your medical treatment. If you sustained an injury, your car accident attorney will need this documentation to help get you the appropriate compensation to cover your damages.
3. Call the Salt Lake City Police – Call the police even if the damage to each vehicle seems minor. Just like injuries, property damage may not be immediately visible. Also, you will want a police report on record to help with any future insurance claim and/or personal injury lawsuit.
4. Exchange Information – Exchange contact information with the other people involved in the accident such as:
- Full name
- License number
- Phone number
- Automobile policy number
- Insurance company name
- License plate number
5. Document Details – If possible, take photographs of the scene and write down what happened before, during and after the accident. Do this as soon as possible after the accident so everything is fresh in your mind. Be sure you have:
- Time and date of accident
- How the area looked
- Pictures of any injuries you sustained
- Contact information of any/all witnesses at the scene
6. Report the Car Accident to Your Insurance Company -Call your automobile insurance company immediately after the accident. File your claim using the information you gathered at the accident scene.
7. Choose ECKO Legal to Assist with Your Car Accident Case – Eisenberg, Cutt, Kendell & Olson are highly respected attorneys in Salt Lake City. They are ready to help you with your personal injury claim. ECKO Legal has a proven track record of assisting clients involved in car accidents obtain the money they deserve for the damages they incurred. If you are looking for a car accident attorney in the Salt Lake City area, you need to contact ECKO Legal.